CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

the cinema

Memorial Day.... great day to go to a movie. Sit in the AC, do something for entertainment before you have to go to work the next day. I worked this morning but my husband did not. He wanted to go see the new Indiana Jones movie. We were told that it was first row seating only. Oh boy... My personal opinion, especially for the oversized screen theaters, is that it's not even worth it if you have to sit that close. We decided to at least look for better seating. There were two seats available... the LAST two seats together in the entire theater in a good location of the theater. Downside, we'd have to sit next to strangers. No buffer seat. Not too bad, wouldn't be the first time.

So during the previews this group next to me would not stop yapping. I thought "Hey, they are probably just talking through the trailers. They'll stop when the movie starts." Uh, no. Not only were they the talk-loud-enough-so-everyone-can-hear-you talkers, they were also the state-the-freakin-obvious talkers. Ridiculous.

Yes, thank you for your running commentary. I had my eyes closed for the last 20 seconds. If I didn't have your narration, I would have certainly been lost.

I try to only go to movies when I know that the cinematography/effects are going to be enhanced beyond anything comparable to home viewing. In this case that was the case. The cinematography was remarkable. The lighting was beautiful. I don't think you would get the same experience at home if you were to wait for a DVD release. So, I don't think I like going to the movies anymore, especially not on a holiday.

No comments: