CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

I am not prettier when I smile

Most of my life I have been told I am prettier when I smile or I would look so much prettier if I would smile. I was born with a frowny face. The corners of my mouth point downward.

So this week I posted three different photos to facestat.com, where they have people from all over the United States judge your looks.

The majority of the judges said I was "repulsive" in this photo. I was also labeled as angry and suicidal.

In this one, the majority of the judges said I was "not bad" but for some reason smiling makes me look fat and my face resembled a "rugby-ball"


In this one, I was voted "repulsive" again. One person even said I was "fugly"

So, after this experiment, my conclusion supports my hypothesis, smiling does not make me look better.

I was bored and took some pics of myself, mainly to have a recent photo on hand. So like making a voice mail message, I kept snapping away trying to get a "good" one. The ones above are 3 of the pics taken.

I thought I looked pretty in them. My husband saw that I'd put a bunch on myspace and started making fun of me, so I took the pics down from myspace.

Lesson: Rebekah, ain't no model, so why is she taking pictures of herself?

No comments: