CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

fathers day

So I was out at the grocery store and walked by the greeting card section and decided that now was as good of a time as any to get cards for my husband.

I was disappointed in the selection for the "to husband" sub-category. If it weren't late May I would swear I was reading Valentines Day cards because of how sappy they were. I didn't want to get a card for Bryan that focuses on what a great husband he is, I wanted a card to show my appreciation for what a great dad he is. His father was a poor example of what a dad should be so I want to find a card that says he's special because of how much he loves and how well he provides for his children.

I just don't think Fathers Day is a day for romance. Save that for Valentines Day/Anniversary. So I found a card that was probably meant to be from adult child to father but was somewhat neutral, but the words will aid me in expressing that I think he's a great dad.

Alrighty... gotta go feed my tot.

2 comments:

Brock(R-CA) said...

"His father was a poor example of what a dad should be"
Broken promises, favoritism, consistent name-calling of a child's mother makes somone a bed example? Wait....actually, yeah it does. Shiver me timbers!
How's your little minion?

Brock(R-CA) said...

uhhh...that was supposed to read "bad" not "bed."
Yeah....