CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What's the deal Nick JR?

OK, so working from home, I use the TV to "babysit" my kiddo while I work. I only let her watch for a couple of hours, then I shut it off so she can go play with toys or something.

Nick Jr, how could you... they put Spongebob Squarepants in the line up. Not that I have anything against the yellow guy who flips burgers for a living, but it's not really a show for toddlers and preschoolers. It's entertainment rather than edutainment.

For the mornings I work 8 to noon, I would have her watch Curious George on PBS, then Go, Diego, Go (learning about animals) at 8:30, Wonder Pets (not as educational, but more geared toward little kids) at 9, Dora the Explorer (vocabulary and Spanish) at 9:30, then at 10 I usually turn it off because of Ni Hao Ki Lan (b'cause the kids on that show act like little brats, same reason she can't watch the Backyardigans).

Now, its Diego at 8 (ok) Dora at 8:30 (fine) then 2 hours of Spongebob!?! I was under the impression that the 7-10 am programming was for the little tykes because almost all of it was geared toward toddlers and preschoolers, but Spongebob ain't it. Maybe since the schoolage kids are on summer vacation, they are trying to mix it up a bit, but come September, I want my line-up back. You hear me, Nickelodeon?

nick, jr

No comments: