CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

fricking fireworks

Gradually I have become less interested in fireworks. Now I hate em. I have a 4 am to 8 am shift on Saturday mornings and my NEXT DOOR NEIGHBORS were shooting them from about 9:30 until 11pm. Yes, I know, I would be a bad sport if I told anyone not to shoot fireworks on the 4th of July. It's in the Bill of Rights, isn't it?

Yes, people think they are fun, but they are so damn loud. Twice a year, people are sanctioned to keep others awake with explosive racket.

I think it's a waste of money for one. It's like lighting money on fire. You buy 50 bucks worth of firecrakers and burn it. Can you think of something else you spend 50 bucks on and then burn? Yeah, pot, but even that can be argued as a waste of money (unless you need it for medical reasons)

So I this year I have concluded that they are annoying, a poor investment, and if you catch me buying them it's because I enjoyed them when I was a kid so I guess my kids' childhood should include them too.

No comments: